Sunday, January 3, 2010

How did I do in my UFC 108 Picks?

Not good...

Rafaello Oliveira vs. John Gunderson- The only fight not shown...but Oliveira won decision so +1

Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Pyle-
Ellenberger avoided the subs and caught him at the end of the first round with some heavy shots. Ellenberger finished Pyle in the second with a TKO from the GNP. I picked Ellenberger so +1

Munoz vs. Jensen- Munoz took him down and grounded and pound Jensen, who never got much if any offense going. I hoped that Jensen could surprise Munoz from hi back bu† he never got close and was Ground and pounded to a TKO. Jensen-1

Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon-
This was a close fight as I predicted, with Miller getting dropped in the first round. Cole survived some how and in a scramble ended up in an inverted triangle/kimura. He subbed Lauzon as I predicted Miller +1

Kampmann vs. Volkmann-
This fight went pretty much how I laid itout with Kampmann getting the better of Volkmann on the feet and eventually subbing him in RD. 1 Kampmann +1

Junior Dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel-
I picked JSD who looked great in this fight TKOing Yvel in the first round. Dos Santos +1

Jim Miller vs. Duane Ludwig-
I thought that Miller would sub Ludwig early and guess what, he arm barred him in Rd. 1 Miller +1

Then things really feel apart...

Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout-
I really thought that Stout would get crushed in this fight. Lauzon had looked so good in his previous fights. Stout avoided an early sub attempt and then treated "J-Lau" like a punching bag. Joe showed that he was tough but nowhere near the same level as Stout on the feet. Stout destroyed him for the easy decision. Joe did almost get him at the end of the third in a last ditch effort at a sub but he was beat to hell at that point and it was not enough. Stout- 1

Dustin Hazelett vs. Paul Dailey-
Dailey KTFOed Hazelett in Rd. 1. Hazelett never even attempted to take it down to the ground...it was like Maia vs. Marqart part 2 or something...Hazelett -1

Thiago Silva vs. Rashad Evans-
Remember in my write up how I said that if Rashad goes to his wrestling then Thiago was in a world of trouble. Guess what Rashad went to his wrestling and owned Thiago in Rd. 1 and 2. Then Thiago was able to bait him into a brawling match and hurt Rashad badly who was doing the chicken dance all around the ring...I was up and yelling imaging the victory so late in the thir round..the Thiago backed off and stood there with his hands on his hips exhausted? It was puzzling as hell as he gave Rashad time to recover and win the decision...I cried...Silva -1

I called every fight for 108 and did lots of research to little or no avail. I went 6 right and 4 wrong. 6-4 ouch.

This brings my over all record of since making public picks a meager 21 right and 15 wrong. I lost big hypothetical dollars on Joe Lauzon a heavy favorite and Thiago Silva a underdog. I also really learned what everyone has been telling me, parlays are for chumps. Guess I had to learn the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment