Sunday, December 6, 2009

How did I do in my TUF 10 Finale Picks?

Well TUF 10 just ended and I am sitting down to discuss how horribly I did in my picks. Lets review shall we...

Nelson vs. Schaub...I was correct that Roys experience would shine through. He knocked Schaub out in the second round cold and Dana had to begrudgingly give my fellow fat man the TUF 10 glass trophy. Nelson +1

Matt Hamil vs. Jon Jones...Here is where I get pissed and trash my computer. Bones Jones was destroying Hamil. He had him mounted and dropped hundreds of punches and elbows. Then he dropped to 12-6 elbows and Mazzagati steps in to issue a point deduction. Hamil cannot get up or stand, his eyes are closed and his shoulder is injured. Mazzagati utilizes INSTANT REPLAY for the first time ever in the UFC and decides to DQ Jones and give the win to Hamil, who cannot see, cannot move his arm and has to be helped from the cage by TWO guys! I cannot believe this nonsense. Hamil -1

Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander...I know, I know wrong again. Alexander did nothing except circle and throw out some weak leg kicks. He got rag dolled and mounted by Kimbo in the second and then had the balls to look surprised that he lost the decision. Alexander joins Dennis Kang in the I will never bet on this guy again club. Slice -1

I didn;t get to se the Wren Madsen fight but I did read the recap on MMA Junkie and apparently it was a close split decision. Just my Luck. Madsen -1

Frankie Edgar vs. Veach... I did not know much about Veach but I knew plenty about Edgar's boxing and sure enough he caught Veach and then submitted him. Yeah for me.... Edgar +1

That means for the event I went 2 right and 3 wrong (although we were all robbed on that Jones fight.)

Overall that puts me at 10 right and 10 wrong since I started my public picks. Pretty pathetic for a hardcore. I guess I should have stayed away from Wren since I only knew him from the show and he looked solid on the show while Madsen looked suspect. I was robbed on the Jones pick as he was killing Hamil before the illegal blows and he was even asking Mazzagatti to stop the fight. I know, excuses, excuses. Alexander needs to disappear and Edgar needs to fight a legit 155 to get on a title run. Until next time...

Overall record 10-10

No comments:

Post a Comment