Saturday, November 14, 2009

Who Will Win UFC 105?

I don't have too many picks for UFC 105. It is in Britain and so it has several European fighters that I am not too familiar with. It also has several fights that just seem to close to call. But I did want to go on record real quick with my picks so I can keep track later of how I did.

Dennis Kang vs. Michael Bisping- In this one I am picking Kang. He is faster, he is more athletic, he trains with ATT, he has heavy hands, and he is ready to break out. Kang has been hot and cold but when he has looked good he has looked really good. Bisping has the pressure of fighting at home. He is also coming off of a crushing knockout. There is a good chance he will be gun shy. I just don't see ways in which Bisping can win unless he gets a home town decision. After all who has Bisping beaten? If Kang comes out aggressive he can win this fight. I am thinking submission!

Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy- Mike Swick is more experienced, focused, comes from a great camp (AKA) and is a dynamic fighter. Swick realizes this is his title contention shot and he won't let it slip by. Hardy has knock out power but we haven't seen his ground game really (or least I haven't) and Swick will put him on his back and look to finish the fight. Swick is a heavy favorite and I would have to agree. Look at Swick's record in the UFC. It is sick. I don't see how Swick losses this fight.

Brandon Vera vs. Randy Couture- So here is where I go off the deep end. I am doing something that you shouldn't do...ever... I am betting against Randy. I think that Vera is more focused. He looks in shape, he seems more mature and dedicated. I think that a different Vera will show up then we have seen. After a couple of losses this might be the fight where Randy's age starts to show. Vera will keep it on the feet and put it to Randy. I know, I know -how could I pick against Captain America? I hear what you are saying...I will probably regret it but I pick Vera to win....(insert regret here)

Of course this means my three pick parlay would be Vera, Swick and Kang. Of course this is just in hypothetical dollars. Stay tuned to see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment