Saturday, November 21, 2009

Who Will Win UFC 106?

Wow another UFC so soon? It was just a week ago I was making UFC 105 picks. But, hey I am not complaining! This is going to be a great next couple of months full of great cards. Now on to my picks. I have a good feeling about a few.

Ortiz vs. Griffin- In this fight I think that Griffin will avenge his earlier loss. He is going to be hungry for a win after his embarrassment at the hands of Anderson Silva and he will want to make a statement again. I think that Forrest will be able to stuff Tito's shot and win the fight on the feet. Tito is claiming that his back is 100% but I feel that I have heard that before. I predict Forrest Griffin by decision.

Anthony Johnson vs Josh Koscheik- AJ vs. Kos is a fight that I cannot wait for. lot of buzz around AJ going into this fight as people are talking about him as a potential good match up for GSP. The question is will Kos be able to take AJ down and GNP him. AJ has some wrestling cred but nowhere near the same level as Kos. That being said Kos has joined a long list of wrestlers who seem to have fallen in love with their hands. I predict that Kos will try to stand and bang with AJ. If that happens Kos is going to sleep. It is a close fight but I think that AJ will be bigger and stronger and more athletic. I said last posting about AJ that it is time for him to step up in comp. This is that step. I think he will make it. Pick AJ by KO

Luiz Cane vs. Lil' Nog- The former heavyweight Champ Nogueira's twin brother makes his long awaited Octagon debut. Cane is a tough opponent, but I think that Lil Nog comes out on top in this one and starts making waves in the division. I haven't done my homework on this ne- instead just going on my gut. Lil Nog's Jiu Jitsu will be too much for Cane and I think that Cane will get subbed. Lil Nog by sub.

Amir Sadollah vs. Phil Baroni- When I heard that Baroni was back in the UFC I said "WHAT??" Who has he beaten to earn his way back to the big show. Amir looked terrible his last fight and I think they have served him a name on a plate to start to build his name back up. Amir wins by TKO.

Saunders vs. Marcus Davis- Saunders is in over his head in this fight and Marcus is coming off of a tough loss to Hardy. I think that Davis experience will show. Pick - Marcus Davis.

Jake Rosholt vs. Kendal Grove- Kendal has been inconsistent at best while the Team Takedown fighters under the tutelage of Marc Laimon are on a roll. Rosholt teammates Shane Roller just subbed his last opponent and Johny Hendricks finished of his with a KO. Rosholt Subbed Ed Herman in his last fight and I think that this one is head that same route. I don't think Kendal will get caught but Rosholt will do enough to win. Pick Rosholt.


No comments:

Post a Comment